You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-27 08:43:46

rofl

Wrong Z axis direction

Hi,

I have been struggling for a few days now, with some weird issue...

I am using Marlin-mUVe1DLP firmware. The problem is that, each time I turn on nanoDLP with RPI and go to Z Axis calibration, it messes up directions: if I click to move UP by 10mm, it goes DOWN by 10mm (or even for more than 10mm) or does nothing, and if I say go DOWN 10mm, it decides to go UP 10mm (or even more). All of this is solved, when I click "Floor" (or Home), it goes down, hits endstop and after that, directions are OK for a while. But even after that, sometimes GCode commands to control Z axis (G1) does not work... I try to run those commands via terminal, but not luck either.

The issue here is that... since it misses directions, my endstop in some cases does not work: it thinks it is going UP, whereas it actually goes down. So even after it hits endstop (which is bottom endstop), it continues going down and damages entire printer and shatters LCD...

When I tried the same thing with Repetier - no issues. Directions are OK, M119 shows correct endstop status.

It is really scary to use that in such way, since I also do not know, how to reduce homing speed and after hitting home, it can literally very quickly damage machine.

P.S. tried to disconnect endstop - still the same issue. Issue applies not even with Z Axis calibration, but running same commands via terminal...

Any suggestions what can be wrong?

Last edited by rofl (2017-06-27 08:44:23)

#2 2017-06-27 09:04:18

rofl

Re: Wrong Z axis direction

Have tried to change firmware completely: uploaded raw Marlin - issue remains...

#3 2017-06-27 14:42:59

rofl

Re: Wrong Z axis direction

Sorry, issue was wrong relative/absolute movement settings. Changing that seems to work.

Board footer