You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-13 11:18:59

PropellerHat

HMI panel not connecting to the controller/Rpi

Hi

I am building my second nanoDLP project, this time with the controller and provided HMI panel. Things start to be ready for the first tests but when powering stuff on the HMI panel does not connect (it displays "connecting" for ever). Also, when trying to find the printer with Nanodlp-finder, it is not found. I plugged the rpi into my macbook with ethernet cable (the same way I was using the previous printer).

As I was connecting things, I made a mistake and connected the cable that goes to one of the RPI's USB ports into the HMI panel socket on the NanoDLP controller (instead of the correct socket) and powered things up. This may have destroyed my controller and/or RPI. I don't know how to confirm this though. I already ordered a new controller but that takes about 2 weeks to arrive.

Also, the forementioned cable from the controller to the USB of RPI was missing the red wire. Is it supposed to be there or not? The wire was there at some point but was cut of later on, either as supposed to or because of some random activity. I replaced the missing piece of wire, but at least this did not make any change in my HMI panel not connecting to the NAnoDLP.

Any ideas?
Feeling a bit lost here, too many possibilities for errors.

Thanks

-Propeller

Last edited by PropellerHat (2021-06-13 11:20:56)

#2 2021-06-14 04:48:10

Shahin
Administrator

Re: HMI panel not connecting to the controller/Rpi

1. Connecting pi to your mac directly would not work, as pi require DHCP (router) which your pc lacks. First you need to make IP static if you want to do communicate directly.
2. HMI panel address is wrong, are you sure about address and wiring of both HMI and PI?
3. Yes, red wire should be missing.

Hopefully somebody with more HW knowledge comment on the rest.

#3 2021-06-15 12:27:50

PropellerHat

1: Ok, I didn´t fix the IP address. Gotta check that again, I didn´t remember I did that with my previous NanoDLP machine.
2: Panel wiring should be right, and it starts up as supposed to. How to change HMI panel address? I thought it would work "out of the box" as they were sold together.
3:Ok

Thanks

#4 2021-06-17 02:05:56

Shahin
Administrator

2. It should work out of the box, except if the port address change due to connecting other usb hardwares using similar naming. Disconnect any usb device then reboot see if it works.

#5 2021-06-17 08:40:31

PropellerHat

Ok, Then I guess I broke the controller board when connecting that usb cable into the HMI socket sad

well, a new one is on the way. If that doesn´t work out of the box then I get disappointed big_smile

Thanks

#6 2021-07-03 15:04:37

PropellerHat

things got working by swapping into another RPI. Don't know why. Now I am battling with settings that do not change the settings for real (axis movement).

Last edited by PropellerHat (2021-07-03 15:05:01)

Board footer