You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-10 17:59:22

macdarren

Nano Support just doesn't do much (latest version)

So after basically putting nanosupport on hold for a while (it was just too crash happy on my mac) I saw there was an update so I eagerly updated.

Well now it doesn't crash but it also doesn't seem to do much of anything.

Objects are placed off the end of the bed...almost like it is intentionally trying to miss the bed.
I can move them on to the bed manually but some effort to auto place would be good...maybe does this but it just doesn't work...I see no button for it.
I can't seem to rotate models except flat on the bed...I can enter angles but nothing happens except for flat rotations.
There seems to be an auto 3d rotate feature that I assume makes some stab at best orientation...sometimes this does nothing with a dialog flashing math(0.00).
or it seems to rotate the model and move the object up into the air (I suppose for support clearance all around) and place it at an angle...clicking again will reposition the object higher off the bed which seems odd.
Attempts to use auto support (almost the whole reason for this application) will sometimes generate one or two support posts when clearly many more are called for, sometimes none
at all leaving my model just floating.

I have to believe I am just doing something wrong....I have tried several models, all with similar results.

I am using a MacBook Pro running MacOS 10.14.5

Some guidance would be helpful...or is it just too early yet and this is really more of an interface testbed than a beta app?

Thanks for all the continuing work on the NanoProducts!

#2 2019-07-11 05:08:44

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Nano Support just doesn't do much (latest version)

> Objects are placed off the end of the bed...almost like it is intentionally trying to miss the bed.
On the settings page you can setup distance from floor

Darren,
It is always great to have your feedback on product upgrades, thank you.
Could you share screenshots for individual issues? I am sure it would be helpful to fix the issues quicker.

#3 2019-07-11 20:55:43

macdarren

Re: Nano Support just doesn't do much (latest version)

Emailed some screen shots.

Board footer