You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-23 04:34:37

macdarren

Phrozen Shuffle and NanoDLP

I know the Phrozen printers use a version of nanoDLP but I don't see many Phrozen users posting here....
Maybe they just don't know, or have very few issues.

My question is can I update the shuffleXL with the latest nanoDLP versions?
If so will it just work or do I need to do something special?
How much is it customized in the printer?  I would expect it is just interface code and it would be retained in an upgrade?

I would probably duplicate the card first so I could return to factory if something failed but
I'd like to know if it should work before I go to the trouble?

Maybe Phrozen keeps the nanoDLP software up-to-date already?

I like to keep my nanoDLP up-to-date on all my machines since it just gets better and better...:)

Thanks
Darren

Last edited by macdarren (2018-11-23 04:37:33)

#2 2018-12-01 20:23:04

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Phrozen Shuffle and NanoDLP

Yes it is only contain small ui changes, but update does not retain customization as this distro is not official release from nanodlp

#3 2019-10-02 06:12:50

4lathe

@macdarren I’d like to do the same thing you did. Have you written down steps, gotchas for this anywhere that you would share?
New shuffle xl user here.

#4 2019-10-02 18:29:49

macdarren

It has been a while since I did this but generally you should do the following....

First step is I would back up the flash drive or at the very least backup the plates and profiles if you want to keep them and be sure you have a factory image if the update goes badly or if you want to go backward. (the images are available around the web but I made my own from the original card)

Then all you need to do is execute the update script which is actually included on the phrozen printers but the button to execute it has been removed.
you can execute this script manually pretty easily.
To do this open a web browser to the IP address of the printer...  this would normally open the nano interface....if that works then just append "/upgrade" so it looks like this:  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/upgrade

This should then begin the upgrade process (see nanodlp log).  when complete (takes a minute) you may need to restart the printer (not sure why but my system never upgrades without a reboot even though it should)...once the printer reboots you should again be able to go the the nano interface with just the
IP address and you will then see the new version of nano....

#5 2019-10-02 23:13:59

4lathe

Thx much. Will it keep the existing things like hardware settings, preamble gcode, resin settings?

#6 2019-10-03 01:13:40

4lathe

@macdarren did you happen to see my last post?

#7 2019-10-03 05:02:15

macdarren

yes doing the upgrade 'Should' keep all the settings...it did for me....but I prefer to back stuff just to be sure.

#8 2019-10-03 07:44:33

4lathe

Thx much!

#9 2019-10-03 22:47:44

4lathe

I got a new image from the Phrozen folks, installed a new sd card and the printer finally works. I’m still trying to get up the courage to upgrade to full nano. @macdarren or anyone else who has done this, are there any downsides? Thx

#10 2019-10-03 22:51:39

4lathe

Also its odd but I used Etcher on my mac to burn the image to a new sd card. I can see all the files on that card. On the sd card I took out of the new printer, It doesnt even show up when I plug it into my mac.  Any ideas why?
Phrozen wanted me to burn the new factory image with some windows app. I said I couldnt and they never responded so I went ahead and did it anyway with Etcher on the mac and it works.

#11 2019-10-10 20:11:45

3Simplex

Thanks for the lead macdarren. It took me a few minutes to figure out the correct url is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/printer/upgrade

macdarren wrote:

It has been a while since I did this but generally you should do the following....

First step is I would back up the flash drive or at the very least backup the plates and profiles if you want to keep them and be sure you have a factory image if the update goes badly or if you want to go backward. (the images are available around the web but I made my own from the original card)

Then all you need to do is execute the update script which is actually included on the phrozen printers but the button to execute it has been removed.
you can execute this script manually pretty easily.
To do this open a web browser to the IP address of the printer...  this would normally open the nano interface....if that works then just append "/upgrade" so it looks like this:  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/upgrade

This should then begin the upgrade process (see nanodlp log).  when complete (takes a minute) you may need to restart the printer (not sure why but my system never upgrades without a reboot even though it should)...once the printer reboots you should again be able to go the the nano interface with just the
IP address and you will then see the new version of nano....

#12 2019-10-10 23:14:18

macdarren

oops sorry about that...been a while since I had to actually do it that way...since once it is done you can use the built in update menu.

#13 2021-07-11 19:59:09

Osmon

4lathe wrote:

I got a new image from the Phrozen folks, installed a new sd card and the printer finally works. I’m still trying to get up the courage to upgrade to full nano. @macdarren or anyone else who has done this, are there any downsides? Thx

I'm having trouble with the Phrozen Shuffle XL (2018), too.
Greetings. Could you please share this firmware with me?

#14 2022-06-07 13:42:32

elliot

Are all current Phrozen machines compatible with nano?

Board footer